Below you'll find information on getting started with editing and creating pages on Vcor. If you are completely new to wikies please consider this excellent Tutorial. It will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to achieve the desired results. For those already comfortable with wiki syntax, the Wiki-refcard.pdf might be useful — it contains a short summary of the principal syntax codes.
Below the main rules for VCOR, or any other wiki. Do follow these rules, please, as they allow optimal maintenance of the site, and last but not least, the proper acknowledgement of your work.
The Help on VCOR
- Help:Create pages
Anybody can edit and create new wiki pages on Vcor following the rules defined by the MediaWiki engine. Wiki syntax can be a little confusing at first. The following links should help you learn the basic wiki rules for editing.
Please see User's Guide for usage help.
- Editing Tutorial fast tutorial about wiki syntax. The tutorial is meant for wikipedians, but it applies to vcor as well. Please use Sandbox instead of the one on Wikipedia.
- Editing general editing rules for wiki,
- MediaWiki reference card one page summary of important editing commands. Ready to print. The file can be downloaded directly here.
- Editing FAQ frequent questions and answers.
- Wiki Examples a collection of useful examples of wiki syntax.
- Permitted HTML a list of permitted html tags. Please note that even if many tags are recognized by the present wiki, the use of wiki syntax is to be adopted whenever the choice is given.
- Tables generating tables following the wiki syntax.