Below you'll find information on getting started with editing and creating pages on Vcor. If you are completely new to wikies please consider this excellent Tutorial. It will save you a lot of time and frustration trying to achieve the desired results. For those already comfortable with wiki syntax, the Wiki-refcard.pdf might be useful — it contains a short summary of the principal syntax codes.
Below the main rules for VCOR, or any other wiki. Do follow these rules, please, as they allow optimal maintenance of the site, and last but not least, the proper acknowledgement of your work.
The Help on VCOR
- Browser issues and peculiarities....(more)
- Help:Create pages
- Currently there are many ways to create a new page. The three methods below all bring you to a page with an empty edit box, and with a warning that the page you requested does not exist. As soon as you enter some text in the empty text box and save, the page will be created. Please note that a page can only be deleted by a sysop. Do not experiment with creating pages, if you don't know what you are doing....(more)
- Everybody can edit most of the pages on vcor. Editing on a wiki is supposed to be easy and fast. Indeed it is possible to edit an existing article surprisingly fast:...(more)
- It is possible to export the content of the current page using the link found in the floating menu on the right. Alternatively more pages can be exported using the special page Special:Export....(more)
- Vcor is a wiki. It means that the common rules of navigating sites do not quite apply here. Wikies don't have a fixed structure: files can be dynamically edited, created and moved by every user (but you need special privileges for deleting them)....(more)
- How to produce links to other pages, both internal as external. How to transclude content from one page to another. How to use templates....(more)
- Userboxes are predefined wiki-snippets saved as templates. They are meant to standardize user infos and in some case categorize them....(more)
Anybody can edit and create new wiki pages on Vcor following the rules defined by the MediaWiki engine. Wiki syntax can be a little confusing at first. The following links should help you learn the basic wiki rules for editing.
Please see User's Guide for usage help.
- Editing Tutorial fast tutorial about wiki syntax. The tutorial is meant for wikipedians, but it applies to vcor as well. Please use Sandbox instead of the one on Wikipedia.
- Editing general editing rules for wiki,
- MediaWiki reference card one page summary of important editing commands. Ready to print. The file can be downloaded directly here.
- Editing FAQ frequent questions and answers.
- Wiki Examples a collection of useful examples of wiki syntax.
- Permitted HTML a list of permitted html tags. Please note that even if many tags are recognized by the present wiki, the use of wiki syntax is to be adopted whenever the choice is given.
- Tables generating tables following the wiki syntax.